Become a SparkEES Fellow
What is the SparkEES Program?
The Spark Early Education STEM (SparkEES) program is a new paid opportunity for 2nd and 3rd grade teachers to experience innovative workplaces and collaborate with other educators to prototype excellent STEM teaching. No prior STEM experience needed!
SELECTED TEACHERS WILL:
- Participate for about 3 weeks (full-time) over the summer and 1-2 hours per month during the school year.
- Gain in-depth experience at a leading STEM workplace in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Collaborate with other teachers to design new teaching strategies and content
- Test and iterate on new approaches before returning to their classes
- Conduct peer observations and build plans for leading school engagement
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the program, part of a national initiative for early educators
- Earn up to $2,500
- Teach 2nd or 3rd grade in the San Francisco Bay Area
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Committed to teaching for at least the next 3 years
- Support from your School Administrator
- Teach in a high-needs school
- Teams (2-4 teachers) from the same school or district
- Interest in teacher-leadership
For questions, or to request an application, please contact: